The Maruti Suzuki India has officially discontinued the Alto k10 which had less up gradation in the model since the year 2014.The Maruti Suzuki Alto k10 has not been updated to compile the BS6 norms in India and has been also removed from the company’s Official website. The Alto k10 was available with 998cc BS4 compliant 3 cylinder petrol engine which produced 67bhp of power @6000rpm and 90Nm of Torque @9000rpm with a 5 speed manual transmission along with the CNG Version also.
The Maruti Suzuki Alto k10 was available in six variants namely LX, LXI, VXI, VXI (O), VXI AMM and LXI CNG and had a starting price of Rs3.60 (Ex-Showroom) for the base variant to Rs4.39Lakh (Ex-Showroom) for the top Variant. In the recent times the Alto and the Alto k10 had crossed a milestone of 38Lakh unit sales which is a great number.
The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso was launched in the BS6 variant, which might also be one of the reasons for the stop for the Alto K10.The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso has many new features and good amount of Interior Space as compared to the Alto K10. The Maruti Suzuki S Presso has a starting price of Rs 3.70Lakh (Ex-Showroom) for the base variant and goes up to 4.99Lakh (Ex-Showroom) for the VXI+ AGS Variant. The S Presso produces a 50kW power @5500rpm and a torque of 90Nm @3500rpm.
However currently we have the Alto 800 in the BS6 Engine and here are the features of that:
- The new alto 2020 gets an new speedometer design as compared to the previous model along with the elegant new dual tone dashboard.
- The alto now gets a stylish dual tone interior along with AUX and USB connectivity is offered as a standard in the base variant
- The Bluetooth option comes in the top end VXi variant
- Smart Reverse Parking Sensors
- A good amount of space in the glove box and option to control the front two windows from the driver seat
- The new alto 2020 gets an elegant new grille and the front bumper which adds a new appealing look to the exterior
- The vehicle now comes with the Dynamic New Aero Edge Design along with the body colored ORVM’s
- The car now has an overall width of 1515mm,height of 1475mm and a length of 3445mm with a wheelbase of 2360mm and a turning radius of 4.6m
- At the front the car gets the disc brakes while drum brakes at the rear with the overall gross weight of 1185kg and Kerb Weight of 730Kg.
- The tyres are of size 145/80 r12(Tubeless) and the fuel tank capacity of 35L
- Uptown Red
- Silky Silver
- Granite Grey
- Mojito Green
- Cerulean Blue
- Solid White
The new alto is has a maximum power of 35.3KW @6000rpm and a maximum torque of 69Nm at @3500rpm with 796cc engine.
The new Alto 800 2020 has a many new safety features added, as more car buyers are now concerned about their safety.
- The Alto 800 gets a ABS with EBD for more safety
- Smart Reverse Parking Sensors
- Driver and Co-driver Seat Belt Reminder
- Rear Door Child Lock
The pricing of the 8 Variants are as follows:
|Variant||Ex-Showroom Price (Delhi)|
|Alto STD||Rs 2,94,800|
|Alto STD(O)||Rs 2,99,900|
|Alto LXi||Rs 3.52,900|
|Alto LXi(o)||Rs 3,57,200|
|Alto VXi||Rs 3 76,100|
|Alto VX+||Rs 3,89,600|
|Alto LXi CNG||Rs 4,32,700|
|Alto Lxi(O) CNG||Rs 4,36,300|